EMOttawa promotes educational content through the idea of #FOAMed (Free Open Access Medical Education). A lot of insight and expertise exists through the online #FOAMed community, so in no particular order, here are some of the resources we also follow:
- CanadiEM – medical pearls, literature updates, Rosen’s podcasts and editorials.
- Life in the Fast Lane: Excellent teaching cases, ECG’s, and disease summaries.
- Academic Life in Emergency Medicine – all things evidence based and peer reviewed in the #FOAMed community, with expert commentary and medical wisdom!
- iLearnEM – A summation of existing #FOAMed resources, with some guidance on the quality of resources available.
- EM:RAP – Podcast with Emergency Medicine reviews and perspectives, with an special Canadian Edition.
- Emergency Medicine Cases – knowledge translation and teaching pearls through cased based learning!
- The Skeptics Guide to Emergency Medicine – Evidence based approach and commentary to various entities within Emergency Medicine.
- STOPIOID – Effective pain management and the effective prescribing of opioids.