Welcome to the Ottawa Acute Care Resources page! Here, we present multi-disiplinary protocols, guidelines, educational content and resources from various specialties in the spirit of Free Open Access Medical Education.
These resources are designed to help in patient care and workflow, and not intended to substitute guidelines, local practice patterns or clinical judgement. Local hospital policies and algorithms should provide the most up to date information.
The content here is available under a Creative CommonsAttribution-NonCommercial ShareALike 4.0 International License.
The information contained within the blog is intended for medical professionals, and needs to be interpreted and utilized in conjunction with an understanding of the literature, and one’s own interpretation of the presented data. As with any primary medical content, clinical judgement and due diligence is suggested. The information presented within this blog should not be considered standard of care in a medical context.
STROKE Code Guidelines
- Decision Algorithm for Acute Stroke Code – Civic
- Decision Algorithm for Acute Stroke Code – General
- ED TIA Algorithm – Champlain LHIN
- Paracentesis using Turkel Needle
- Trauma Primary Survey
- Trauma Secondary Survey
- How to Log roll a patient
- Open Pneumothorax management
- Needle Thoracostomy for Tension Pneumothorax
- Floseal for Posterior Epistaxis
- Pigtail Catheter Placement
- Central Line Preparation and Draping
NEJM Procedural series (note that these link to the NEJM procedural series, this requires access that may often be accessible at your institution)